With the BiG M 450, KRONE presents another upgrade of its self-propelled mower. Offering huge work width, superior manoeuvrability, optimum weight distribution and tapping into enormous power reserves, BiG M 450 is the perfect mower for large and small fields, for flat and hilly land and for the most difficult soil conditions – a machine that excels in any conceivable application in any field in the world.
- Big but very agile. Driven by wheel motors and turning through a 50° angle, BiG M is extremely easy to manoeuvre. and as such also offers great efficiency in small fields. An excellent front-rear weight distribution (64% : 36%) ensures that the self-propelled mower also copes perfectly in diffi cult terrain.
- Three into one will go. When the swathing hoods on both mowers are closed the augers feed the material from the sides, windrowing it into one central swath. When cutting along fi eld edges you can also close just one hood to present a clean job to the following harvester.
- Quick and safe. Working at speeds of up to 25 km/h in the field and travelling at up to 40 km/h on public roads while the engine speed is reduced to 1250rpm, BiG M 450 off ers particularly great operator comfort – courtesy of the hydro-pneumatic suspension on both axles. The running gear lowers hydraulically up to 15 cm to bring the transport height of the machine down to less than four metres.
- The innovative KRONE BiG M 450 driveline allows operators to achieve work rates of more than 17 hectares per hour. The power flows from the axially mounted engine down the powerbands and driveshafts directly to the three mowers. And superior operator comfort comes from hydraulic cutting height control from the cab and fully hydraulic ground pressure control.
- The BiG M 450 sources its super sturdy disc mowers in heavy-duty specification from the well-proven EasyCut range. The power flow enters the mower from the rear through the gearbox and flows down a driveline of massive and quiet-running spur gears that drive the satellite gears and the discs. KRONE SmartCut implements a generous overlap of those discs that turn away from each other, which translates into a perfect cut. Meanwhile the SafeCut system protects the blade from damage caused by hitting an object.
- The KRONE CV conditioner ensures fast and uniform wilts at high throughputs. The conditioning intensity is set by selecting a rotor speed (700rpm or 1000rpm) and by tool-free adjustment the gap between the rotor and the baffle plate.
- Cutting, conditioning and producing one single swath – BiG M 450 completes three tasks in one operation With the augers forming an integral part of the side mowers, they deposit the material on the swath that was formed by the front mower without the material touching the ground at all, staying very clean and reducing a pass in the harvest chain.
- Wheel motors bring the power steplessly on the ground and make BiG M 450 fantastically easy to steer and manoeuvre. The axles boast hydro-pneumatic suspension for ultimate operator comfort and hydraulic height control, so that operators can flexibly adjust the ground clearance of the machine in field work and for road travel at reduced transport height.
- The 449 hp Liebherr engine features automatic engine control which tailors the output to the current load on the mowers. Consequently, BiG M 450 will use less fuel in lower-yield crops. A new load limit control system monitors the engine speed and reduces the ground speed when engine speed is very low. Mounted on silent blocks, the engine runs very quietly in all situations.
- Mounted on hydro bearings, the SilentSpace cab is particularly quiet, offers plenty of space and an ergonomically designed environment. The standard specification level comprises a high-resolution 10-inch touch screen terminal where the operator enters and monitors all machine settings, an armrest with integral joystick, as well as climate control and an electric cooling box. More comfort is available from the optional LED package or the Premium comfort seat.
- BiG M 450 is specified with many details which make service and maintenance a lot easier and reduce the time spent on these jobs. The sensor controlled automatic lubrication system supplies oil to most greasing points.