One step ahead – with a KRONE BiG Pack.
BiG Pack 1290 (XC): The true all-rounder in the range. With its six double knotters and 120 cm (3'11") wide x 90 cm (2'11") high baling chamber, this baler produces firm, tidy bales in exactly the right size for the international market. With its massive bale dimensions, this machine is mainly in demand for straw and hay, but it also handles silage successfully in some countries.
- The true all-rounder in the range.
- Six double knotters and 120 cm wide x 90 cm high baling chamber,
- Produces firm, tidy bales in exactly the right size for the international market.
- KRONE XCut (XC) models offer a full set of blades you can achieve nominal LOCs of 44 mm and 88 mm with half the number of blades in action. The feed tines are arranged chevron-style and are plated with wide Hardox steel, reducing power input and delivering the finest cuts, high throughputs and maximum longevity.
- Rugged rotor, excellent cut: The large diameter of 550 mm (720 mm on the BiG Pack HDP II) is impressive. Arranged in a V-shape, the tines pull the crop through the blades with a minimum of input power and keep the bale chamber consistently filled across the whole width.
- Full throttle The cutting and VFS rotor is driven directly off the main gearbox. Overload protection is provided by the integrated cam clutch. The HDP II is driven via a selectable poly V-belt.
- Wide Hardox plates on the feed tines The 20 mm wide Hardox plates deliver higher throughputs, a clean, scissor-like cut and greater resistance to wear – your guarantee of high-quality forage. Any mushing is eliminated.
- The “pull-out drawer” principle the XCut cutting system has two blade cassettes which lower hydraulically for convenient access. Each cassette pulls out to the side like a drawer.
- Maximum protection All blades feature individual spring protection for trouble-free operation when foreign objects are picked up. The blades conveniently push back into their working position after the foreign body has cleared.
- Quick and easy The central blade control system allows you to select different cutting lengths: 44 mm with the full set of blades and 88 mm with half of them in action.
- KRONE Active Pick-up – a clever combination of the tried-and-trusted camless EasyFlow Pick-up plus an additional powered feed roller. The speciality of this pick-up is the design of the galvanized scrapers, which ensure a continuous and smooth crop fl ow as the tines retract. EasyFlow can work 30% faster – allowing for faster forward speeds and higher throughputs.
- With a full set of blades you can achieve nominal LOCs of 44 mm and 88 mm with half the number of blades in action. The feed tines are arranged chevron-style and are plated with wide Hardox steel, reducing power input and delivering the finest cuts, high throughputs and maximum longevity.
- PreChop is an integral front-mounted chopping unit on the KRONE big balers of the BiG Pack 1270 (XC/VC), 1290 (XC) und 1290 HDP (XC) series. It has 96 rotating blades and two rows of 47 counterblades that achieve a nominal LOC of 21 mm. But PreChop doesn’t only chop, it also visibly defibrates the stalks.
- The on-board hydraulic system with automatic baling pressure control ensures firm bale shapes and tidy edges, even in wet conditions and in different crops. Two sensors measure the current force of the plunger. A control system compares this measurement with the operator settings and the on-board hydraulic system automatically adapts the pressure exerted on the chamber walls.