One step ahead – with a KRONE BiG Pack.
BiG Pack 870 HDP (XC) MultiBale The “3-in-1” machine. Boating a 80 x 70 cm chamber, this model produces the same densities as a BiG Pack HDP. This baler also comes with the MultiBale function that enables contractors to respond flexibly to their customers’ needs.
The BiG Pack 870 HDP (XC) MultiBale HighSpeed gives you maximum flexibility. The unique and patented system ties up to 9 small individual bales into one big pack. With much fewer bales to collect and transport, MultiBale makes bale handling so much easier in the field.
- KRONE XCut (XC) models offer a full set of blades you can achieve nominal LOCs of 44 mm and 88 mm with half the number of blades in action. The feed tines are arranged chevron-style and are plated with wide Hardox steel, reducing power input and delivering the finest cuts, high throughputs and maximum longevity.
- Rugged rotor, excellent cut: The large diameter of 550 mm (720 mm on the BiG Pack HDP II) is impressive. Arranged in a V-shape, the tines pull the crop through the blades with a minimum of input power and keep the bale chamber consistently filled across the whole width.
- Full throttle The cutting and VFS rotor is driven directly off the main gearbox. Overload protection is provided by the integrated cam clutch. The HDP II is driven via a selectable poly V-belt.
- Wide Hardox plates on the feed tines The 20 mm wide Hardox plates deliver higher throughputs, a clean, scissor-like cut and greater resistance to wear – your guarantee of high-quality forage. Any mushing is eliminated.
- The “pull-out drawer” principle The XCut cutting system has two blade cassettes which lower hydraulically for convenient access. Each cassette pulls out to the side like a drawer.
- Maximum protection All blades feature individual spring protection for trouble-free operation when foreign objects are picked up. The blades conveniently push back into their working position after the foreign body has cleared.
- Quick and easy The central blade control system allows you to select different cutting lengths: 44 mm with the full set of blades and 88 mm with half of them in action.
- KRONE Active Pick-up – a clever combination of the tried-and-trusted camless EasyFlow Pick-up plus an additional powered feed roller. The speciality of this pick-up is the design of the galvanized scrapers, which ensure a continuous and smooth crop fl ow as the tines retract. EasyFlow can work 30% faster – allowing for faster forward speeds and higher throughputs.
- The on-board hydraulic system with automatic baling pressure control ensures firm bale shapes and tidy edges, even in wet conditions and in different crops. Two sensors measure the current force of the plunger. A control system compares this measurement with the operator settings and the on-board hydraulic system automatically adapts the pressure exerted on the chamber walls.
- The profitability and cost-effectiveness of straw baling depends to a great extent on the baling, transportation and storage costs. KRONE has the answer with the HDP system. The up to 25% higher density bales cut the production costs per tonne, increasing the profit potential of professional straw sales. A BiG Pack HDP is your guarantee of success. It’s the smart way to work.
- To enable the machines to be attached and removed even more easily, KRONE offers an optional hydraulic stand for the BiG Pack 870.