KRONE adds new XCollect headers to the long-standing and well-proven EasyCollect
series. The XCollect headers split cutting and feeding into two separate processes,
responding to customer demands to deal with diverse harvest conditions around the world.
- Cutting without counterblade. The stalks are cut by high-rpm sickle discs which rotate on massive bolts that connect them to the drive train. The cut stalks are then fed to the chopping drum by endless collectors above the discs which ensure a uniform lengthwise feed.
- The central gearbox. Operators can select one of two speeds to adjust the cutting frequency to the individual crop and harvest conditions.
- Convenient guard. The ingenious guard for the maize header is an option that forms an integral part of the header. It moves automatically in and out of position when the header folds into road or work position. The operator just presses a button. No need to leave the cab. A very convenient solution that reduces changeover times and boosts productivity
- Harvesting without losses. The sickle discs rotate on one plane, cutting the stalks without squeezing them. This technology minimizes vibration avoiding cob loss.
- Everything under control. The well-proven collector feeds the stalks lengthwise to the chopping drum.It is this linear crop feed that enables precision chops and minimum overlengths. The variable collector speed is standard and ensures a consistently high quality of chop.
- Fractured stubble. The high-speed sickle discs cut the stalks and defibrate the stubble for optimum breakdown.
- Hovering over the ground. The header has three sensor skids, one in the middle and two out on the ends, for optimum contouring and clean cuts in undulating fields and for clean forage.
- Protected driveline. Star ratchet clutches protect the sickle disc driveline from overload. Speed sensors scan the speeds of two discs and send potential overload information to the operator terminal. In addition to this, a friction lining on each disc offers additional protection.
- Compact design. The wings on the three-piece XCollect headers easily fold up into their transport position. This design leads to a 3 m transport width for the XCollect 600-3 and 750-3 and a 3.29 m width for the XCollect 900-3 which have optimised hydraulic rams that lift and lower the wings even faster.