ZX 430 GL, 470 GL & 560 GL: The models without discharge rollers.
Offering capacities of 43 m³ to 56 m³ (DIN 11741) in versatile applications and featuring solid steel sides and no discharge rollers, the ZX dual-purpose 430 GL, 470 GL, and 560 GL models are our ‘contractor’ machines.
- Dependable in the heat of harvest, the GL models are the heavy-duty models in the ZX range.
- Rated to a 34 t gross weight, these massive machines boast huge capacities, highest work rates, a superior quality of cut and absolutely dependable operation – qualities that are crucial in silage harvesting.
- The ideal forager companion, lacking top hoops and ropes, they make perfect trailers to runin the maize harvest chain.
- It’s safe, too, after the pick-up has filled the body to capacity a sensor switch on the tailboard stops the floor and tilts the headboard towards the tractor.
- Automatic locking and unlocking, the tailgate is opened and closed by hydraulic rams on either side. The board is locked and unlocked automatically – very convenient.
- Pump it out, the conical structure, the vertical sides, the powerful floor chains and a tailgate that opens wide and clear allow the ZX GL to unload huge masses speedily and reliably.
- The key to viable farming is boosting efficiencies, cutting costs and utilizing equipment to full potential all year round. This is the scenario in which KRONE developed the ZX dual-purpose wagon. Dual-purpose means These machines serve as both self-loading forage wagons with discharge rollers and forager-filled forage wagons in maize and grass.
- The camless and hydraulic EasyFlow pick-up with tines arranged in a helix meets the most exacting demands. Absolutely maintenance-free and a benchmarker in performance, this pick-up off ers an even larger work width now that its hydraulic drive has been integrated in the rotor.As a result, an increased pick-up width helps collect even more material at an optimum ground speed, maximizing the overall intake capacity.
- The cut-and-feed rotor is powered by a 6-groove poly V-belt and planetary gears – a driveline concept that caters for the enormous horsepower of today's high-end tractors. Integrating the gearbox inside the rotor frees space to extend the rotor so work rates and throughputs can increase – a unique design that offers superb responsiveness in peak loads.
- Cutting like a scissor – the secret of this system lies in the extremely narrow gap between the wide tine plates and the blades. 48 blades are available to give perfect cuts. The central blade selection system quickly selects the desired number of blades and hence the length of cut.
- You change the blades without tools and without leaning over the blade cassette which is now alongside the machine. lower the blade cassette, swing it out to the side and remove the blades without tools – a time and cost saving system.
- Sharp blades are fundamental for clean and smooth cuts. Therefore KRONE developed SpeedSharp, the unique blade sharpening system for fastest, safest and most convenient grinds. The trademark of this system is its simplicity.
- Loading and unloading rates are important parameters in viable farming and contracting. The pivoting headboard boosts the machine’s loading capacity by up to 4.5 m³, compresses the material to needs and helps empty the machine faster and effectively.
- It takes high-end engineering that withstands the permanent exposure to huge masses of material and fast unloading processes. Two chain-and-slat fl oors, i.e. four fl at link chains and two motors and a conical design that tapers to the rear will always deliver.
- A load sensor and a volume sensor on the headboard trigger the signal for the chain-andslat floor to start moving when the filling level and density of the crop is right, ensuring the machine is utilized to potential and reducing operator stress.
- The first step in producing quality silage is to spread the material in a perfect mat on the clamp. The ZX GD models with steel sides and up to three large-diameter rollers at the rear unload the material layer by layer and across the full length of the clamp for easier rolling.
- The caster and force-steered tandem axle offers hydraulic levelling to cater for all requirements and needs. Each assembly offers maximum roll stability when managing bends at speed. More than that, they provide great stability on the slope. These axles offer maximum safety and operator comfort.
- The ZX 470 and ZX 560 models with tridem axles, bottom-mount ball hitches, a 34 t gross weight and 40 km/h or 60 km/h maximum speeds tick every box. The heavy-duty chassis features hydro-pneumatic suspension and hydraulic levelling for superior stability.
- Ever bigger and faster tractors, ever higher trailer capacities and payloads call for a thorough rethink on road and fi eld safety. Therefore KRONE off ers the EBS electronic braking system as an option. The system is sourced from commercial vehicles where it has proven well for many years. In addition, steered axles help protect the swath and provide added safety.
- Forced-steer wheels protect the sward and the tyres as the machine is making the turn, reducing the load on the tandem or tridem axle and resulting in easier pulling. The electronic system allows the operator to interfere with the shunting or countersteer manually on the slope or on the clamp.
- Increased gross weights have made bottom-hitching the most popular type tractor attachment, because it transfers more load to the tractor’s front axle and gives the four-wheel drive system more grunt.
- Night work is extremely fatiguing for forager and tractor operators and therefore KRONE offers extra lighting for ZX models that brings maximum safety to all machines and operators involved in the campaign. Optional crop covers ensure no crop is lost during road transport and also increases road safety.
- Operator comfort is essential. Our shockproof operator terminals are compact, clear-cut and easy to operate. They feature backlit buttons to reduce operator fatigue during those long shifts well into the night. The CCI terminal is a universal operator control unit, which is compatible with a wide variety of ISOBUS implements from many manufacturers.