Apply bedding to keep the animal dry, clean, maintain a healthy environment, and promote it’s creature comfort. It must be cost effective, safe to use, easily stored and of course, have an after use value. Cattle and other dry stock will readily lie on comfortable and dry bedding material.
By using Peat Bedding you will reduce humidity in the shed, and result in less contact with dung and urine. This gives a reduction in the animals risk to disease and exposure. It will also result in less finished cattle needing ‘clipping’ prior to sale.
Peat bed is available for delivery through Farm Compare Nationwide in a 2m3 bag, with free delivery.
- Peat Bed, supply a dry house livestock bedding material that is used with beef cattle, dry cows, calves, horses and sheep. This Fibrous bedding is a highly absorbent material which keeps livestock warm, clean and dry with minimal labour. The bedding is cost effective, last for months and can be immediately spread on the land after use, adding nutrients and conditioning your soil without depleting Nitrogen levels the way Straw and Wood shavings do.
- The peat is harvested and screened to obtain the optimum particle size and then blended with a liming agent which ensures pH is neutral and keeps harmful bacteria at bay. Not only does Peat Bed ensure a clean, dry and comfortable cubicle for the animal, it also eliminates the need for the farmer to mix his bedding material with lime, saving time and effort.
- Peat Bed will cause minimal problems in a slurry tank and when spread on land is the ideal soil conditioner.
- Peat Bed is made from an ultra-fine, super dry peat which is blended with a liming agent.
- Moisture Absorption: With wood chips and wood shavings, (depending on the tree type and particle size) there is an absorption rate between 2.5 and 4.0. So, even the best Wood Shavings (if they are sized correctly for Dry Stock bedding) will hold 4 times their own weight in moisture. Chopped Straw does not do well in the absorption to weight ration clocking at best 2.5 time’s it’s own weight in moisture absorption. This will cause knock on effects such as additional layers of bedding, which can harbor and promote cells of bacteria and pathogens. Peat Bedding Holds 10 times it’s own Weight in water. So I KG of Peat will hold 10 Liters of Water or moisture. In average conditions a single application of Peat Bedding will maintain a Clean Dry and healthy environment for your crop throughout its housed lifetime
- Sphagnum Moss (a natural anti septic) and a component of Peat Bedding reduces or eliminates the use of iodine for calves, keeping them healthy and scour free. In average conditions 15- 20 cm of Peat Bedding will maintain a Clean Dry and healthy environment for your dry stock for 6 weeks
- Fibre Bed is made from high grade dry peat that is a fibrous and nugget dry peat which is blended.
- Fibre bed is available for delivery worldwide (currently delivering nationwide, UK, Belgium & South Africa). It is avaialble in bulk bags or bulk lorry loads.